Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Drawing a Line in the Sand Revisited 2014 Coming Soon...

PEOPLE EVERYWHERE ARE LOOKING FOR SPIRITUAL ANSWERS.  I WANT TO HELP...

NEW UPDATE ON MY CHRISTIAN BOOK AND THE REWRITING OF IT THAT HAS BEGUN 3/1/2014:

Back in 2008 I wrote a Christian book called “Drawing a Line in the Sand” and had it self-published in 2009 and revised in 2010 releasing it again.  I never was satisfied with the book at all. When I started writing the book I was grieving over the loss of my mother Vicki and so it was a way for me to cope with her death which truly kept me grounded in the word of God. I officially signed and submitted a cancellation of contract with my publisher AuthorHouse today and so it will be final in 30 days. The book will no longer be available for purchase online.  I am very much at peace with that and glad God is guiding me into a new and wiser direction in ministry, writing, marketing and publishing.

 

The book was boring and immaturely written and the Spirit of the Lord knew how I felt about it. My old version of the book didn't have good structure or flow at all. I put my own money into the book and wrote some things that I believe were not correct as well. The book never was blessed nor did it really make many sales at all.  I only sold and actually gave away 40 copies total. I wasn’t happy with it and the last section of the book I wrote on end-times was something that I was not ready to write yet so I completely removed it.  While I’ve been combing through the book, I’ve been finding a lot of great scripture, testimony and statements in it but it was still poorly written and definitely had some inaccuracy.



I was saved in Jesus Christ in 1983 and received the gift and power of the Holy Ghost in 1999, but I didn’t start trying to study, research and write until 2008.  I have come such a long ways since writing the book in 2008.  I have grown immensely as a writer and in wisdom as well as knowledge on the word of God.  Writing that book and self-publishing it was definitely a growing and learning experience for me and I learned a lot even about marketing.  I was a first-time author and writer with no prior experience and so to anyone who has read my book I would say, “what did you expect from a beginner lol?”



Thank God now I found a publisher that may be interested in my book and me rewriting it so they can publish and market it for me.  The book always had potential even as a good biblical study guide, but now that I’ve already rewritten 85 pages so far it has become a completely different book and for the better. All biblical scripture that was first written in the book will remain intact as well as some statements but it will be set up different and much more appealing. The introduction and first chapter is brand new with some of my previous writings remaining.  It’s going to be a book composed with great information that I am very proud of and I believe God will be pleased with it as well.



At the same time I am writing another new book on the topic of the Antichrist and end-times which really helped spark my interest and conviction to rewrite my first book.  However, that book will have a new twist and storyline that will pull readers in but still give true factual scripture and events to come.  It will also have some things written in it that no one else has written yet especially in the way I’ll present it.

I put about 1800.00 into my first book through self-publishing and marketing and so I just can’t let that go to waste lol.  When I’m through with it I’ll be submitting the manuscript to the major Christian publisher I found that has emailed me about it expressing interest.  I’m excited about it all and writing is one of my passions especially on Christian or biblical topics. If they like my manuscript and decide to publish it then they’ll want to publish my next book I’m working on as well.

I was prophesied to in 2008 that I would write a book but I definitely didn’t know that my book was gonna flop lol.  Great lesson learned---do not ever rush something that you are meant to take time with it.  Put true quality into your work and not quantitiy. 
I was prophesied to again two more times up here in WA State by someone who didn’t know me at all.  The first time he came up to me out of the blue and said, “You’ve stopped writing, and God wants you to write.” You could imagine how I felt because this man didn’t know me at all and it was true. I did stop writing and was discouraged, but that really encouraged me and so I created a facebook page and this blog and begin writing again. The same man prophesied to me again recently about my writing and how God is going to use it and so that was even more encouraging.

These events have led me up to this point in rewriting my first book, finding a real reputable publisher for it and writing another book which I have finished up all my notes and studies for. Keep me in prayers concerning the book writing career along with the submission of my rewritten and revised manuscript. I hope they really like it and believe it can be marketed and sold.
I'll leave some of the old information and links to my book below, but the old version of the book will not be available ever again after 30 days. When the new complete revision of the book as well as the new book on the Antichrsit is available and published through a different and non-self publishing company I will post the links and show where it is available.

The old version of this book (2008-2010) that I'm also not pleased with, will not be available after 30 days of 3/5/14.  It is completely being rewritten as of now and revised so it can be prepared to submit to the Christian publisher who has displayed interest in it. I don't  recommend buying it, but once again I'll leave the links. As a reminder please keep in mind that this book will longer be available after 30 days starting March 5, 2014 anywhere in the world and when it is finished and published it will be a different book in many ways.
My old publisher's link specifically for my book "Drawing a Line in the Sand" includes an overview,  free preview (from divisions in the body of Christ topic) and author bio. The E-book only cost $3.99.  Here is the link  Drawing a Line in the Sand

For now you can purchase my old version of the book called “Drawing a Line in the Sand” through several online retailers.  Here is a link for the old version of the book on Amazon through which you can purchase the kindle edition for only $3.99. The paperback or hardcover isn’t very expensive either.  Amazon link Drawing a Line in the Sand

My old version of the book "Drawing a Line in the Sand" can also be purchased online through Barnes & Noble and the price for the nook book (ebook) is only $3.49.  Here is the link  Drawing a Line in the Sand

In a broken world and people surrounded by war, poverty, sickness,despair, oppression, depression, crime, heartbreak, loss, death, confusion and fear there has to be an answer. I promise that there is an answer through God and His Holy Word.  My book can and will assist as a tool and study guide.  Look for my new book this year 2014 called "Drawing a Line in the Sand Revisited".  The pic below is the cover of the old self-published version of my book from 2008-2010.




2005-2009 I was in a Christian band called "VALID."  I played guitar and wrote several songs.  We had a lot of fun together, played some good shows, opened up at Shoutfest 06' and some of the band members were long time best friends of mine.  Our bass player was my wife's uncle and he was 50 years old but didn't look it.  He rode a fat boy Harley and was a great guy who would give you the shirt off of his back if he thought you needed it.  He passed away in January 2009 in a helicopter crash in Terrebonne Parish Louisiana flying to an offshore oil rig.
I wanted to share a video and a song in remembrance of our bass player Randy Tarpley as well as our band & music.  The song playing during the slideshow is called "This Old House". I wrote this song based on a true story in my life but it also has an underlining meaning behind the words revealing that one day we'll leave this old world and not look back again. Our lead vocalist Trey Motes wrote the music, recorded the acoustic track and is the voice you hear singing this song that is very special to me.  This song was never professionally recorded or copyrighted.





I see by the media press as well as ticket sales for Kirk Cameron's movie "Unstoppable" that people need and want questions answered and they are searching for in relation to God and the Holy Bible.  I personally don't know Kirk Cameron nor do I or anyone else know what is truly in his heart--only God knows.  He seems to be a Christian that stands up for what he really believes in and maybe he wants to help people in this world for Christ in his own way.

Is he perfect? The answer to that is NO and nobody else is either.  Who are we to judge?  I liked the old T.V. series "Growing Pains" and I like some of the movies that he has played in.  His sister Candice Cameron Bure changed her life around quite a few years back as well and has a really good book out called "Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness."  My wife read the book and really enjoyed it.  Here is a link for that book on Amazon for anybody interested http://www.amazon.com/Reshaping-It-All-Motivation-Spiritual/dp/1433669730

If anyone is interested all the links below contain information about Kirk Cameron's latest film "Unstoppable", interviews plus some of  Mr. Cameron's other media products.





Facebook has made an apology to Kirk Cameron and his new media frenzy film “Unstoppable.”








No comments:

Post a Comment